Friday, January 24, 2014

Dollhouse for Peaches Day 6 and 7

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Days 6 and 7 - scrolling the details
Before I can put the top on, I need to do the front and back panels on the top part of the dollhouse. For the back, I decided to do a repeating flower pattern. I chose to do this peice out of 1/4" oak. Because of the flower layout, this required alot of time in repositioning the blade, etc. There are 8 flowers total. I split the panel in half so I would only have to do 4 flowers. It takes roughly an hour per flower...


Here are the two panels glued and clamped in place...
And finally after the clamps come off...



Next, I need to get the front panel scrolled and in place. For this panel, I wanted to scroll in the family name (Rafey) which is Hungarian. I picked a cool looking font, printed it, and centered on my workpeice. I did not split this peice in half because there is no repeating pattern.
I also made a "picture frame" maple border, with a 1/4" x 1/4" groove to border the panel, and put a 45 on the corners...


Because the work peice is 4 wide, this is going to require several peice rotations and flips to catch all the lettering. I have already had to insert the blade backwards in the saw in order to cut out some of the letterings corners. This is the time consuming part.

I am finally getting to a point in my schedule where I can make some more headway on this project. After I get this scrolled out, I will be mounting it in place, and then securing the top!



TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment