Monday, March 3, 2014

Wall mounted storage cabinet

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
One bit of shop organization often leads to another. The extra space I gained by making last months roll-around painting and finishing cart prompted me to consolidate the remainder of my paints and finishes into the area by my utility sink.

This wall-hung cabinet holds nearly as much as the wall shelves I had been using for years, but takes up far less room. Now I can consider the possibilities for all this freed up space!

The shelves in this cabinet are 4 1/2" deep, just enough to store quart sized cans of stain or paint as well as the taller, narrower cans of thinners and wipe-on polys. The space between the upper shelves is 8", perfect for storing cans of spray paints and finishes. I used about a half sheet of 1/2" plywood for the entire cabinet. (See plans for cutting diagram.)

I designed this cabinet to fit together using dadoes and rabbets that I cut on one board all at once using a stack of dado blades on my table saw. No need for time consuming router set-ups. Of course, you could also cut these with a router if you dont have access to a dado set. An even easier option would be to put the whole thing together using pocket screws.

Free plans

  • WWMM wall mounted storage cabinet (pdf)
  • SketchUp file






TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment