Saturday, February 22, 2014

Art Show Project Finial turned for the Ash Wood Box

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Hi Everyone,

Well, I put the lid back on the lathe this afternoon and turned the finial on the top and that went along without any problems. Here are a couple of photos:




I also took off the red wood stain from yesterday.  I think it looks better with it left in its natural color.

Ok, this whole thing needs a lot of sanding and finishing but Im satisfied with it. Not ecstatic mind you but ok.

Ill work on this off an on over the next several days and post finish photos when Im done.

I have to have a tooth pulled so the shop will be closed and I wont be actively posting next week.

I plan to return to the shop on September 15 so stay tuned.  Theres always something going on the wood shop so grab a coffee and your computer and drop by.

See you all soon,

VW


TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment