Monday, February 10, 2014

Dollhouse for Peaches Day 3

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Day 3 - stairway construction
Yes, it really does take an entire day to do a staircase! I am making it very similar to a real staircase - ie: it will be anotomically correct! :)

I started by making two exact stringers, or stair horses. I glued and brad nailed a 1/4" peice of maple on the back, like this:






Then, I glued and finished nailed the assembly into place, like this:



I also countersunk some screws into the bases of the stair horses to secure it into place forever!



I added treads and risers, and let Barbie try it out!!!



As you can see, Barbie has plenty of head room to move around on each floor of the house. Again, a doll is 11"+ high, and this is why this house is so big!
I had a little time left in the day, so I managed to get some of the interior walls cut and set into place. Now, its beginning to take some shape!



Modeling the new stairs...




TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment